Featured Tip - Choose Your Partner Carefully. Your Child's Life Depends on it.
When you choose a partner for yourself, you choose for your child, too. Your child is counting on you to make the right decision.
Does your partner:
- Show anger or impatience when your child cries or has a tantrum?
- Call your child BAD NAMES or put him down?
- Think it is funny to SCARE your child?
- Stop you from bringing your child to his family events?
- MAKE ALL decisions for you and your child?
- Tell you that you're a bad parent or that you should not have your kids?
- Pretend that WHEN HE HURTS YOUR CHILD that you are to BLAME or that it's NO BIG DEAL?
- Make your child SCARED by using guns, knives or other weapons?
- Tell you that your child is a nuisance?
- Get ANGRY when you spend time with your child?
If you answered "yes" to even one of these questions, your child may be at risk. Never leave your child with someone you don't trust with their life. For more information, click here for a printable parenting tip flyer on this subject or click here to view a public service announcement.
For more parenting tips, click on the links below.
- Are You A Stressed Out Parent?
- Are You A Stressed Out Parent? [Spanish]
- Easy Ways to Eat Right
- Father Knows Best
- Home Alone
- Home Alone [Spanish]
- How to Develop a Positive Body Image
- Kids & Technology: Staying Safe
- Never Leave a Child Alone in a Car
- Parenting Teens
- Survival Tips for Parents of a New Baby
- Sweet Dreams ... Keeping Sleeping Babies Safe
- National Institute of Health - Safe Sleep Video
- The ABCs of Safe Infant Sleep Video
- Top 10 Tips for Healthier, Safer Children
Tips from Ted. D. Bear
FCCS's mascot Ted. D. Bear speaks directly to kids, providing advice about issues they may face at home, school and in the community. Check out these tips: