Subscribe to the Clerk's YouTube Channel!

Customer Service Survey

Juvenile Division map page
Franklin County Court House
373 South High Street, 4th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215
(614) 525-4411
Hours: Monday - Friday
8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.

Please be aware that there is very little information that this Section is permitted to give over the phone, due to the confidential nature of Juvenile cases.

The Clerk provides copies and certification of Court documents, filings or pleadings in Domestic cases. Click here for a fee schedule listing associated costs.

The Juvenile Division of the Franklin County Clerk of Courts office is responsible for managing and retaining records on a variety of cases involving juveniles.

The majority of these cases are delinquency or unruly cases and cases involving the abuse, neglect, or dependency of a minor, as well as parentage actions and cases relating to custody, visitation, and child support.

The Juvenile office also handles divorce cases certified from another jurisdiction and in post-decree status. The Juvenile Division may provide to the public certified copies of parentage cases. Because juvenile records are not public record, we may only provide copies of juvenile records to parties and attorneys on the case. A given file may be viewed, however, upon approval of the Court.

All delinquency or unruly filings against juveniles are initiated in the intake department at 399 S. Front St. A prosecutor, intake worker and/or a probation officer will make the determination whether the case should be handled formally or informally. The paperwork then is filed with the Juvenile Section.


If a juvenile is allegedly abused, neglected, or dependent, Protective Services or Franklin County Children Services should be contacted. If it is determined that a complaint for abuse, neglect, or dependency should be filed, the Protective Services Department may assist in the filing of the action with the Juvenile Clerk of Court' office.

Protective Services Department may assist in the filing of the action with the Juvenile Clerk of Court' office. Protective Services also assists in the filing of Consent to Marry cases and specific adult criminal cases involving juveniles such as Interference with Custody and Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor cases.

If parentage needs to be determined, the Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA) should be contacted. The CSEA will collect the necessary information, put together the paperwork and, depending on the circumstances, file a parentage action with the Juvenile Clerk of Court office. Parties may also retain private counsel to file a parentage action. A $75.00 filing fee applies to parentage actions filed with the Clerk of Court's office.

If you choose to pursue a custody or visitation action without counsel, you will need to obtain the necessary affidavits from the Juvenile Clerk of Court office and refer to the Ohio Rules of Civil Procedure or the Juvenile Rules, whichever is applicable. If you want to pursue custody and there is currently an abuse, neglect, or dependency action pending, you may contact the Protective Services Department to see if they can assist you with the filing of a custody motion.