Subscribe to the Clerk's YouTube Channel!

Customer Service Survey

Juvenile Division map page
Franklin County Court House
373 South High Street, 4th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215
(614) 525-4411
Hours: Monday - Friday
8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.

About the Juvenile Division

Juvenile Section - Frequently Asked Questions

What are the fees for filing a new case?
The fee schedule for the Juvenile Section can be downloaded here.
Return to Top
Where do I file charges against a juvenile?
File these charges at 399 S. Front Street, Intake Department (Juvenile Prosecutor).
Return to Top
Do you accept fax filings?
No, the Juvenile Section of the Clerk's office does not accept fax filings at this time.
Return to Top
How do I get my juvenile record expunged?
Contact the Juvenile Prosecutor's Office, (614) 525-4440 for this information.
Return to Top
What is a Notice of Final Appealable Order?
A Notice of Final Appealable Order is a decision rendered by the Judge or Magistrate that is appealable, or can be reversed (child support decisions, custody issues, etc.). Parties have 30 days to file an appeal with the Court of Appeals on a decision rendered by a Judge. If a magistrate rendered the decision, parties have 14 days to file an appeal with the Supervising Judge. If you do not want to appeal this decision, please disregard the notice.
Return to Top
Where can I get copies of custody papers?
The Juvenile Section of the Clerk's office will have the custody papers. We are located at 373 S. High Street, 4th Floor. Copies cost 10 cents per page; if you need to have your copy certified for legal reasons, the charge for certification is $1.00. Valid identification will be required to complete this request.
Return to Top
How do I file a change of address notice?
Simply write a letter to the Clerk of Court Juvenile Section, 373 S. High Street, 4th Floor, Columbus, OH 43215. Include your name, the Juvenile Case Name and Number, and your new address.
Return to Top
I'm supposed to come to court today, but I can't make it. What do I need to do?
You will need to contact the Assignment Office at (614) 525-4407; they will contact the judge or magistrate.
Return to Top

For division-specific questions: