For More Info, Contact:
MORPC Supports Free Homeowners Community Event
May 24 at Greater Columbus Convention Center
(Columbus—May 20, 2010) The Mid—Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC) is seeking those who need help with their mortgage to attend the free Help for Homeowners Community Event on Monday, May 24, 2010 from 1:00 p.m. — 7:30 p.m. at the Greater Columbus Convention Center, 400 N High Street, Columbus. Help for Homeowners Community Event is sponsored by the Department of the Treasury, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, NeighborWorks America and HopeNow. The Homeowners Community Event provides the opportunity for homeowners to meet one—on—one with their mortgage lender or a HUD-approved housing counselor. Participants can also find out if they qualify for the Obama Administration's Making Home Affordable Program. To make the most of the event, participants are asked to bring:
- Monthly mortgage statement;
- Information about other mortgages on your home, if applicable;
- Two most recent pay stubs, documentation of income you receive from other sources or most; recent quarterly profit and loss statement if self—employed;
- Two most recent bank statements;
- Account balances and monthly payments for credit cards and other debts; and
- Estimates of other monthly expenditures (such as utilities, insurance and medical bills).
Discounted garage or surface parking is available at $4 per day. Participants are asked to bring parking stub to event registration area for validation. Columbus Convention Center is accessible via COTA at the Nationwide Boulevard/High Street or Goodale Boulevard/High Street stops.
MORPC is a voluntary association of 47 local governments in central Ohio serving the region through planning, direct service, public policy information and innovative programming and intergovernmental coordinating services in the areas of transportation, land use, energy conservation, the environment and housing.