- Access the RSS feed for the Franklin County Home Page.
Articles for citizens of Franklin County, Ohio.
What is RSS?
Really Simple Syndication (RSS) is a format that is used for distributing web content. Subscribe to feeds using a web browser or client program of your choice to be notified of updates to the content of those feeds.
Benefits of RSS include:
- Easily locate information from multiple feeds in a single location.
- You control what feeds are displayed; there are no mailing lists to unsubscribe from.
- Updated content is delivered automatically with no need to scan for new material.
- Read condensed or summary information with clearly marked and dated topic material.
- Classify and categorize information according to your preferences.
How can I use RSS?
- Many modern browsers (such as Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox) allow you to view or bookmark feeds without ever leaving your browser. To begin viewing feeds within your browser, simply click on the RSS feed link; if your browser supports this format, you will be able to view, bookmark, and sometimes sort articles.
- Programs (both free and commercial) known as feed aggregators allow you to collect, display, update, and manage feeds.
- Incorporate feeds directly into your weblog.